Tuesday, July 10, 2018

I can't reach

I can't reach.

There are times when things are just too good to not share and this in one of those times. 

The basis of this discourse is a friend telling me, regarding a new endeavor I had just embarked on; "You will make it happen as is or find a way to make it happen." 

Herein lies a pretty simple illustration to a not so simple problem. 

Standing at a distance and watching the glass cleaner person from inside the building shielded the top part of the window from my view. The glass cleaner was diligently applying his trade and his window cleaning stuff. So far so good. 

Because I was interested and paying for the cleaning and mostly because I really like clean windows, I moved in for a closer look. The windows were clean,. almost. The very top perhaps 20% of every window was not being cleaned and from inside you could not see that portion, unless you moved close to the window. 

The ladder the window cleaner was using was good enough to reach most of the window but not good enough to reach all of the window. Which proves that; "Good enough never is." 

What should have happened is that the window cleaning person should have notified whomever was in charge and made them aware of the problem. "My ladder won't reach." 

Instead they moved ahead doing 80% of a job they got paid 100% to complete. 

Don't do a job 80% of the way when you can get what you need and do a job 100% of the way. Doing a job partially without asking for the help you need is unacceptable. Once you get the help, get the job done expeditiously, accurately and completely.

If you can't reach, get a bigger ladder!

No comments:

Post a Comment