Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Really?

Really? "Really", is a popular refrain these days regarding a disbelief of a statement or action or absence of action. When someone has the opportunity and the potential to accomplish something and choses not to do so because they are lazy, feel free to look them in the eye and say; "Really?"

The fundamental problem with lack of progress most often resides more in omission than commission. When you are doing something, there is a possibility that you will make mistakes. Feel free. When someone decides, consciously, to not do something, they may feel secure that they are avoiding mistakes, but they are wrong. Once you know what to do you must do it. Make mistakes, lots of them, but reduce the number of times you make the same mistake. Learn by doing.

Lazy I don't get. Taking a break, I get. Taking a day off, I get, Taking your well earned vacation, I get. But lazy I don't get and simply cannot tolerate lazy. The best course of action is to take action. People will follow you if you demonstrate confidence, even if you are headed in the wrong direction.

History is rife with stories of very talented and capable individuals who did absolutely nothing. History is also rife with less talented and less capable individuals who accomplished amazing things by taking action. They weren't lazy, they did not make excuses and they did not accept the status quo.

Fortunately for the successful people in the world, we have lazy people as examples of what not to do. Being lazy is a really bad decision but at least it is a decision. Being lazy is a good example of a bad example. So, if you are going to be a lazy person be a really good lazy person so all of the "doers" in your world can see, by your inactivity, what not to do.

For all of you people that are not lazy, always change the roll.


1 comment:

  1. This is timely and hilarious to me, Dennis. I did a similar commentary recently on a Facebook rant, using the same visual and analogy.

    I don't generally comment, but I happened to see two of your posts today that really "struck" me. Keep rollin my friend!

    ReplyDelete